At Horizon Platforms Ltd we are proud to be a leading provider of Powered Access equipment hire, sales and training in the North of England. Established in 2008, we’ve continued to grow year on year despite challenging economic times.
We genuinely value our employees in the same way that we value our customers. We want you to feel challenged, fulfilled, encouraged, trained and mentored so that you can reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
This job description is structured around our employee values; teamwork, positivity, ownership and outstanding service.
This key role holds significant responsibility for the efforts and results of the finance team. Reporting to the finance director, the financial controller oversees all day-to-day operations within the department.
- Supervise and manage the finance team
- Motivate and lead Finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Report to the finance director with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the finance director in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Demonstrate the company values in everything you do
- Respect all colleagues and customers, being polite and courteous at all times
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Leadership skills and people management experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Honesty, integrity and reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research and analytical skills
- IT skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
If you are interested in working with Horizon Platforms please click here or contact: