A career propelling opportunity for ideally a 2016 or 2017 CTA or ACA qualifier or equivalent to join the Banking & Capital Markets team of a Big 4 firm. With a genuine opportunity to work on majority advisory work, this is an ideal move for someone recently qualified who is looking to move to a Big 4 firm and away from the joys of compliance work. Previous joiners to this team have often moved quickly through the ranks, having benefited from the international tax work the Banking Tax team gets involved in.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
- Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
- Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
- Involvement in a variety of project and consulting work.
- Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere to provide a complete tax service to clients
- Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
- CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent qualified
- Ideally recently qualified from a Top 50 Accounting firm
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
- Project coordination/management skills
- Banking experience would be preferred but not required
- The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.