On behalf of one of my leading FMCG clients, I am looking for an enthusiastic and driven Assistant Accountant to join their large finance function based in the heart of Birmingham close to all major train stations.
Assistant Accountant responsibilities will include:
Your role will be broad in scope, covering both Financial and Management Accounts, and will develop over time. Initial tasks will include sense checking/inputting weekly P&L submissions into SAP and then extracting relevant data and helping to publish reports for the business.
You will also be scrutinising and agreeing intercompany transactions on a weekly basis, assisting with monthly reconciliations (accruals/prepayments, trade debtors/creditors), posting month-end journals, and helping to analyse and clear debit notes. Furthermore, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in ad hoc analysis work and projects as and when required.
To be considered for the position of Assistant Accountant, candidates must be/have:
- Ideally a 2:1 degree or better which will then give you relevant exemptions
- At the start of your ACCA/CIMA looking to progress in a fast-paced FMCG business
- Personality and drive to progress and grow with the business
- Excellent MS Excel skills and an eye for detail
Package on offer for the successful Assistant Accountant:
- Up to £28,000 basic
- Full study support including sufficient time off to prepare for exams
- Competitive pension
- The opportunity to gain exposure to technical accounting, commercial finance and operational finance