This is a leading multinational accountancy and business advisory firm focused on providing professional services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide through their international network.
They are actively seeking an experienced Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join their talented Tax team, who will effectively provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients.
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating with clients
- Full responsibility for project delivery
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principles/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Ensure that the firms quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff both on-site at client premises and whilst in the office
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work as requested
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients needs are fully met
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent. Previous experience and significant understanding of tax compliance is essential, as well as being able to maintain in depth and up to date knowledge of taxation. Some exposure dealing with client senior management and the ability to manage a small client portfolio are required for this position. Experience in staff management/supervisory is desirable and some tax advisory experience is preferable but not essential.