Our client is seeking to add to their team of 4 within Credit Controller and are looking for someone who has come from a financial/professional services/legal industry background, with strong client facing skills.
Purpose of role:
To provide high volume calling for the Group Credit Control function including chasing outstanding debts, liaison with Partners and bespoke reporting.
Reports to: Manager, Credit Control
- Provide a high volume client credit control service, primarily using telephone calls to contact and secure payment promises from clients
- Daily Review of all payment promises, prompt following up of any broken arrangements
- Comprehensive credit control of own portfolio to ensure all overdue debtors are appropriately followed up each month
- Raise, record and follow up on all client disputes on own debtor portfolio, escalating overdue resolutions to Head of Business/Line Management as appropriate
- Recommend appropriate Bad Debt Provision requirements to Line Manager
- Provide comprehensive reporting on own portfolio of debtors, regarding payment promises, client query status and "Partner Resolving" situations to Line and Operational management
- Preparing submissions to external lawyers/collection agency for enforcement
- Communication: strong communication skills, particularly telephone manner as there will be involvement with both partners and clients.
- Use of IT: thorough competency with Excel for (significant) reporting requirements of role
- Teamwork: able to work as part of a team and provide support in all areas where necessary, in a busy office environment
- Judgement: able to exercise good judgement on escalation of debt issues at appropriate times
- Results Orientation: must be inspired by achievement of collecting difficult debts or targets for reducing aged debtor values
- Commercial Awareness: must be able to take a measured approach to client contact to ensure prompt collection of fees but not inappropriate to level of overall client relationship
- Persuading and Influencing: able to convince clients and internal Partners alike to prioritise payment of fees or resolution of disputes
Strong academic record, educated to A level or equivalent
- ICM or similar professional Credit Management qualification desirable
- Credit Control experience within a Professional Services firm.
- High volume environment of up to 1,000 client portfolios.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Target driven to succeed in a competitive environment