We are currently recruiting a Divisional Financial Controller exclusively on behalf of a Market Leading Manufacturer of consumer goods. This is a newly created position to work closely with the Managing & Operations Directors to further develop the business.
As the main finance contact in the business, the successful candidate will need to understand the business and express an independent view of it. They should have a presence on site and within the senior management team, be able to challenge spend, ensure costings are correct, forecast including all expectations and ensure the business is being driven forward.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring robust financial information is produced, including weekly and monthly management accounts
- Presentation of financial information at Board Meetings and proactive reviews with Directors to drive efficiencies
- Analysing product costings v actual performance
- Development of key management information and performance indicators
- Challenging costs
- Collating, challenging and tracking capital expenditure projects
- Regular submissions of cash forecasting, VAT and other monthly reporting
- Managing and developing the accounting processes and colleagues in the office
- Budget and quarterly forecasting
- Ensuring Group policies are being adhered and dealing with internal and external auditors
- Driving the introduction of a new accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics Navision) and appropriate roll out in the factory
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified with FMCG experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of team development and the ability to manage at all levels.
They will be energetic, committed, commercially aware with good communication skills and be operationally astute. They should also be hands on and able to meet deadlines.