This multinational Insurance and Reinsurance business specialising in working with clients who provide Life, Critical Illness, Income Protection, Hospital Cash, Underwritten Annuities and Longevity products is looking for someone to join their business as a Finance Accountant reporting in to the Finance Control Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting business as Finance Accountant utilising experience built up with your time in Practice.
The successful candidate to take on the Finance Accountant role will support the Financial Control Manager in complying with US GAAP reporting obligations completing the financial reporting requirements for a technology solution/proposition. They will complete preparation of the year end UK group consolidated IFRS financial statements, and to support the business in performing controls and accounting for quarter and year end tasks.
- Responsible for quarter end accounting and controls for US GAAP reporting to the parent, including but not limited to:
- PLIC Europe accounting and controls
- Preparation of quarterly Europe results packs
- Preparation of quarterly deliverables to Newport Beach and tracking team tasks against the timetable issued by them
- Ownership of the quarterly SOX controls sign-off process
- Responsible for UM and UMTS financial reporting and controls, including but not limited to:
- Accounting entries
- Balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation
- FCA reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of the year end IFRS financial statements for PLRH group.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly balance sheet walks from US GAAP to IFRS to Solvency II Reporting Bases.
- Managing the SOX and internal audit affecting the Financial Reporting Team. This includes the responsibility of maintaining relevant controls documents such as:
- Financial statement close process
- SOX Controls
- Ad hoc projects and requests from Financial Control Manager or Director, Financial Control and Treasury.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Recently qualified ACA accountant working within the audit department of preferably the Big 4
- Financial Services Experience (preferably insurance).
- Self starter with a desire to develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Proactively provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.