Finance Operations Manager
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a leading international insurer. They are looking for someone to join the business as a Finance Operations Manager reporting in to the Group Head of Finance Operations. This is a fantastic position for an individual with a strong insurance and treasury background looking for an opportunity to have key responsibilities within the organisation offering extensive exposure.
The successful candidate will have three direct reports and eleven indirect reports. They will have the overall accountability for ensuring that the Cash Control, Credit Control, Accounts Payable and System Administration functions operate efficiently and effectively to support the operating requirements of the business and meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Monitoring and identifying risks to the organisation's financial operations and mitigate through controls and actions.
The role includes responsibilities for:
- Maintaining/operating a highly controlled environment across managed functions.
- Managing daily cash flows for the businesses efficiently within company guidelines.
- Managing, directing, controlling and reporting on the Finance teams Credit Control operations.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process ensuring payments are made on time, appropriately recorded and strictly controlled.
- Manage the provision of the system administration function providing the functional link between Finance and IT with regard to general ledger (SUN), accounts payable (Idocs), fixed asset (SUN), banking systems.
- Presenting/attending various committees monthly/quarterly on the managed functions (Credit Control/FIG/System User Groups).
- Continuously review operations to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Challenge existing processes and re-engineer where appropriate.
- To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime & conduct.
- Work alongside Risk Management in respect of Money Laundering, Financial Fraud and other exposures.
- Investigate and document opportunities for automating processes and implement where appropriate.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are appropriately documented.
- Responsible for leading and motivating a team, engendering a feeling of mutual trust and respect, and ensuring constructive communication within the team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the team's skills are fit for purpose and evolve as the environment requires. Continuously review the structure of the team and reorganise as appropriate.
- Appropriate delegation of responsibilities to team to promote staff development and knowledge transfer.
- Building and maintaining liaison/ relationships with Fund Managers and Banks.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified ACA accountant or equivalent, with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Insurance industry experience is essential
- Experience in treasury/cash control
- Experience in credit control
- Experience in system administration (SUN ledger and banking systems)
- Must have experience of managing a team.
- An understanding of Syndicate Trust Funds and Funds At Lloyds preferred