A leading international Law firm with headquarters in London is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Finance function.
The Financial Accountant will report into the Senior Management Accountant, who heads up the management accounts team. There will also be frequent liaison with the the Director of Accounts as well as the worldwide Director of Finance.
- Preparation of the LLP and service company accounts and audit packs.
- Group consolidation of the LLP accounts.
- Liaison with the international offices in preparation of the consolidated accounts and supporting the smaller offices with their year-end accounts preparation and audit queries.
- Acting as the main point of contact with the auditors.
- Ensure overseas offices follow key financial controls.
- Monthly intercompany reconciliations between offices.
- Half year and 9 month full balance sheet reporting into head office for all offices, based on the Group Reporting used currently at year end.
- Monthly detailed reviews of each of the international offices - including P&L variances, WIP & debtor days, cash management etc.
- Generating monthly cash collection targets for the international offices.
- Quarterly calls with the office accountants to discuss the local office performance.
- Quarterly bank rec reviews.
- Quarterly cash flow forecasting and funding requirements for all offices.
- Working with the Senior Management Accountant and local office accountants to organise & review the annual budgeting and forecasting of the international offices.
- Other projects involving the international offices - funding, new offices etc.
Education and experience
- Qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant or equivalent with experience of preparing consolidated LLP accounts
- Ideally the individual should have gained at least 2 years relevant experience of the legal or professional services environment