A large multinational General Insurer is looking for a newly qualified accountant to join their business as a Financial Accountant reporting in to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will assist in the timely and accurate preparation of the Group's financial results in line with Group policy, professional best practice and relevant legal/regulatory requirements. To play a key part in projects aimed at improving the accuracy and timeliness of accounting information provided to the Group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is recently qualified and looking for a step in to a very successful business in industry. Some of the key responsibilities will be:
- Take responsibility for the production of a key primary statement in the quarterly financial close process and specific projects as directed
- Perform detailed analytical review on key financial data, thereby providing additional information to key stakeholders whilst also substantiating the validly of the numbers
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Group financial accounting and reporting policy and procedures as required
- Take a proactive approach to reviewing current practice and determine opportunities for development
- Assist in the development and management of the financial reporting tools required to support the evolving business requirements of the Group Finance function
- Provide ad hoc financial technical and/or analytical support to the Group Finance function and other Corporate Centre functions as required
- As required, conduct complex, in-depth financial analysis, commentary and reporting to meet internal and external requirements
- Contribute to the research and monitoring of market, regulatory and statutory changes and accounting best practice to ensure financial accounting, reporting and control policies and procedures are proactively developed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good relations with the external Auditors through the compilation, analysis and presentation of financial information and documentation as required
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with Group and regional Finance teams so as to support relevant knowledge/skill transfer, information sharing, consistent good practice and joint commitment to the resolution of accounting issues
- Take responsibility for certain aspects of the production and delivery of the Group's Annual Report & Accounts ensuring all data and narrative is accurate, complete and compliant.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with 0-2 years PQE or equivalent
- Experience of the financial services industry (preferably insurance) and understanding of current accounting issues in the industry
- Good understanding of what is required to deliver timely and accurate financial data
- Problem solver
- Confident IT user with advanced understanding of Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Attention to detail essential
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation