On behalf of one of my key clients, I am recruiting for a Financial Controller to provide financial support to assist the site in achieving its key objectives.
As Financial Controller you will be providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business whilst ensuring a robust control environment and balance sheet integrity. The role will interface with the operations, planning, procurement and site manufacturing teams, ensuring efficient, low cost manufacture of products. There will also be close liaison with the commercial teams to ensure that products can be manufactured on a commercial basis.
Key duties as Financial Controller include:
- Ensuring financial controls are monitored and in place throughout the site
- Reporting daily P&L & KPI's to site and Head of Finance & Head of Operations
- Reporting the weekly P&L and KPI's to site and Centre, includes commentary to explain operational variances against budget/forecast & prior week
- Owning the site month end process and balance sheet, ensuring balance sheet is clean
- Reporting to Centre in a timely manner with regard to dailies, weeklies, forecast and monthlies
- Supporting the site General Manager, being able to step up if required
- Attending site management meetings to gain an understanding of current operations whilst explaining latest results/financials to the team
- Supporting, mentoring, training the site finance function, ensuring holidays are covered within Finance
- Liaising with Central finance to ensure deadlines are achieved, building relationships and attending balance sheet reviews
- Liaising with site budget holders, analyse spend by department and ensure tight control of budgets
- Constantly challenging costs and advising the GM on cost reductions, profit improvements
- Attending budget / forecast reviews with the wider business
To be considered for the position of Financial Controller, you must be/have:
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with relevant PQE, preferably gained in a manufacturing/production, FMCG or supply chain/logistics environment
- Financial experience gained as a Site Finance Manager/Site Financial Controller
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis / information which enable users to understand business performance and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Disciplined and organised with the ability to work under pressure
My client can offer a basic salary of £65,000-£75,000 plus package for the successful Financial Controller