Global Finance is playing a leading role in global businesses unprecedented strategic change programme to reshape its portfolio, redeploy resources to capture future growth opportunities and adapt to structural changes in the operating environment.
Within Global Finance, Business Finance partners with our Global Businesses and senior stakeholders to drive better business performance by providing advice, analysis and commercial, forward-looking insights.
The role is in a key part of Business Finance, which works directly with senior stakeholders across the Group to support better strategic decision-making through rigorous, commercially-focused analysis. MR&A is central to Group-wide business planning, forecasting, reporting and decision support work, responsible for:
- Preparing management information, analysis and commentary for discussion at the monthly Group Management Board,
- Group-wide ownership of the Annual Operating Plan process,
- Supporting Group-level analytical work such as stress testing, financial projections and other ad hoc work, and
- Preparing insightful and balanced commentary with a commercial and strategic focus, to support external reporting of Group performance.
Internal Reporting Team
Delivering the monthly Global Flash submissions, providing an early summary of the Group's results to multiple senior stakeholders. Preparation of papers for the monthly Group Management Board ('GMB') to allow senior management to monitor the financial performance of the business, working closely with each of the Global Businesses and a number of other departments. In addition preparation of key financial papers for Holdings Board as required.
The GMB Reporting Manager is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager GMB Reporting to provide accurate, timely and insightful analysis to the Senior Management of the Group. Key deliverables being:
- Global Flash Report;
- GMB Business Performance Materials;
- Strategic Actions and Initiative Tracking;
- Holdings Board Financial Performance papers; and
- Monthly Financial Summaries.
With such significant documents, coordination of processes, owning end to end data flows and understanding the drivers of material movements in the figures provided will be crucial.
The role holder works closely with a production and analysis team based in the Global Finance Centre in India. In addition to BAU activities, the role holder would be expected to continuously improve the knowledge of the team, the processes and outputs they own. Continual improvements will help to drive better analytics, and give better insight to our customers.
- Supporting the delivery of the following:
- Monthly Group submissions: Flash, Group Management Board and Holdings Board Reports;
- Quarterly: Providing commentary to support preparation of the Q Pack, external reporting deliverables and Scorecards.
- Supporting strategic decision making through the provision of timely meaningful analysis as requested by Global Head of Business Finance and senior stakeholders.
- Develop a network of key stakeholders across the global MR&A community, Global Finance Functions and other stakeholders outside of Finance.
- Deepen existing relationships of the MR&A team with the wider Finance community and the Global Businesses.
- Identify opportunities for value-add to stakeholders from the MR&A Function team and execute.
- Take the initiative to investigate and drive initiatives forward.
- Develop and deliver training material for the onshore / offshore team and the wider Finance community.
- Ensure work is completed efficiently, prioritizing critical tasks whilst ensuring delivery of all tasks as agreed.
- All work is completed in accordance with appropriate group standards and practices.
- Highlight and manage any process risks identified as appropriate.
- Environment: The role exists within the Global MR&A team. The role holder will need to quickly understand the Group, its structure, businesses and markets to be able to understand and add value to the external reporting requirements / output. The role holder will have support from the wider Global MR&A team in London and globally, however, a significant level of autonomy and forward thinking is expected/required. The team is high profile, with frequent exposure to the Global Head of MR&A, Business Finance CFO / MI Heads and other senior stakeholders across Finance and beyond.
- Accountability: The role reports to the GMB Reporting Senior Manager, Global MR&A.
- Guidance and Authority: MR&A is taking a leading role in generating the supporting financial analysis to drive strategic decisions within the business. As such there is a requirement for the Global MR&A team to ensure that it is able to meet these increased expectations.
Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified ACA accountant 5 years PQE
- Superior ability to drive change
- Excellent oral and written English and communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated financial issues clearly.
- Strong analytical skills with commercial bias, an excellent grasp of business drivers.
- Proven influencing skills and an ability to engage and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of financial planning / budgeting /reporting
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic - pro-active thinker.