The role of the Head of Financial Reporting is to assume full accountability for the IFRS reporting, as well as certain regulatory reporting obligations for a global financial services business in Birmingham.
Head of Financial Reporting duties:
- Managing the production and reviewing of all reporting for P&L, actual and average balance sheet, Inter-company, Off Balance sheet financial accounting information.
- The role holder is single point of contact for all IFRS related queries from senior management
- Reviewing and report the necessary financial accounting information together with detailed business based commentary to facilitate the production of the monthly P&L analysis which is reviewed
- Leading the assessment of and conclude on specific technical areas of financial reporting, including Pension accounting, Impairment Sign offs, IFRS2, Red inking etc. In-depth analytical review is performed to ensure any material movements are explained and queried with the relevant business areas resolved
- Managing 3 individuals and overseeing an offshore team responsible for ensuring the integrity of data on General Ledger and reporting.
- Managing, understanding and contributing to system changes and other transformation projects and their impact on the existing IFRS reporting processes. Reviewing and signing off user acceptance testing for those changes which impact the team's activities.
- Managing the transition to regular line finance reporting for all significant changes to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Managing the inter-company matching and reconciliation process for the business
- Providing advice and guidance to the business, finance, and other areas of the business as necessary on the appropriate accounting treatment and reporting requirements.
- Managing and controlling the impact of the Sarbannes-Oxley act on all aspects of the work undertaken by both the actual and average balance sheet and inter-company team.
- Reviewing and overseeing of certain regulatory returns submitted to Bank of England, including the Country Exposure Return and FSA 015.
To be considered for the role of Head of Financial Reporting , candidates must be/have:
- Fully Qualified Accountant, ideally Big 4 trained with solid financial reporting experience
- Experienced in leading and developing teams
- Prior experience within a Financial Services business
Package on offer for the position of Head of Financial Reporting:
A basic salary of up to £90,000 (some flex may be given for outstanding candidates) plus a highly competitive package
Head of Financial Reporting // Financial Services // Birmingham