A high profile and well known US Investment Fund investing across Private Equity and Real Estate has recently raised dedicated European fund and is looking to hire an experienced and commercially savvy Fund Controller into a newly created role. This role is an ideal move for a career minded finance professional looking to move away from a core fund accounting or finance role and into something that offers a broader operational and strategic insight. The firm are investing heavily in European distressed opportunities and are urgently looking to fill this vacancy. Responsibilities will include:
- Deal level accounting and structuring for real estate opportunities - you will manage everything post transaction from fund set up and advisory through to ensuring correct fund accounting, tax and fund arrangements are in place.
- Co-ordination and oversight of outsourced relationships - fund administrators, lawyers, auditors.
- Subject matter expert and business partner to the Investment and Deal teams - day to day support and advice.
- Financial modelling and valuations.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
Salary up to £130k plus benefits, healthy discretionary bonus and long term career prospects to grow and manage a team. For immediate consideration, please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin.
- Qualified Accountant - CA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent - with significant post qualified experience in a Fund Controller, Financial Controller role or similar.
- Strong technical knowledge of how to structure, account for and manage distressed debt transactions.
- A bckground in Private Equity, Real Estate or Debt - essential.
- Possibly initial training in practice in Transaction Support or Advisory.
- First class communication skills and business partnering abilities.
- Excellent academics, drive, passion and an intuitive personality.