A well known Challenger Bank are looking for qualified accountant to join as the Head of Hedge Accounting. You will work closely with the head of finance and the CFO and provide technical guidance and analytical support to the finance team.
- Relationship and stakeholder management with external parties including auditors and corporate advisors;
- Strong focus on developing automated reporting tools linked to the ledger systems
- Work closely with the Treasury department to assess all derivative transactions for hedge accounting treatment under IAS39/IFRS9;
- Ensure all hedges are appropriately documented in line with company policy;
- Calculating and monitoring hedge effectiveness;
- Generate and check all related accounting entries;
- Liaise closely with internal and external on all internal controls and financial statement reporting;
- Any other reporting or analysis required by the External Reporting team;
- Act as liaison between the Company and the Investment Banks.
- Follow developments in external financial reporting and industry best practice and ensure that these are correctly interpreted and implemented;
- Assist in developing and maintaining a comprehensive Group Reporting Manual;
- Assist in ad hoc business queries relating to external reporting requirements through understanding and interpretation of financial information from a business perspective and communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders;
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with relevant post qualified experience, Strong hedge accounting knowledge and experience dealing with high level stakeholders.
The salary on offer is in the region of £70,000 - 80,000 plus benefits and bonus. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact James.Otter@markssattin.com 02077479724