In this newly created Tax Manager position, you will have the opportunity to shape the role and division of responsibility with the Global Head of Tax.
Reporting to Head of Tax, the Tax Manager will have tax compliance and reporting responsibility for assisting in the planning and supervision of all tax matters relating to both in the UK and the 38 jurisdictions in which the Group operates. As such the role is very varied and requires the ability to manage a number of activities at once. In addition to day-to-day activities, you will assist with the tax return preparation in six countries.
You will also assist with with tax planning projects.
In each jurisdiction there is a financial controller who has a working knowledge of local tax reporting and in turn, is backed up by a local external tax compliance experts. So this will be very much a review process but taking into account the global picture.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Assist with the tax consolidation accounting process for Year End and Interim Financial Statements.
- Coordinating responses to information requests to support the tax returns for the UK entities.
- Assist in the reconciliation of local profits in local tax returns were applicable to those in our global accounting system.
- Recording and agreeing payments on account of corporation tax, ensuring that this is done on a timely basis.
- Review of tax returns prepared by third parties prior to submission.
- Assist in the outsourcing of tax compliance on a global basis.
- Support tax accounting and reporting throughout the group
- Be a key player in supporting the Group's relationships with Key Stakeholders including HMRC and other jurisdictions tax authorities to ensure a strong, robust and professional relationship is maintained
- Participate in the internal documentation of transfer pricing policy, implemented by the finance department.
- Request Certificates of Residence and prepare appropriate withholding tax documentation
- Assist with International Tax Audits, in particular explaining our transfer pricing policy
- Support in any M&A projects and the ongoing group simplification by way of mergers and liquidations.
- Dealing with other taxes such as VAT, PAYE on an occasional basis.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CTA) with ATT / AAT the minimum. You will have an understanding of international tax concepts relevant to the Group ( e.g basic principles underlying the UK rules of permanent establishment, controlled foreign companies, transfer pricing, withholding tax and Double Tax Conventions). You'll have an ability to understand complex business structures and transactions from both a practical and technical aspect; and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise where needed and push projects through to completion.