Tax research and planning
- Maintain awareness of tax developments and their implications for and impact on the business in EMEA. Proactively develop optimisation strategies, again with full understanding of their impact on the businesses.
- Provide clear, technically correct and relevant advice on the most complex tax technical issues across the range of taxes.
- Contribute to or in more straightforward cases lead tax input to mergers acquisitions and internal corporate or business restructuring
- To prepare and review tax compliance, returns etc for the UK and other EMEA territories.
- Provide advice to inform management decisions by reviewing, recommending, and where required, establishing procedures and methods of doing business
- To develop systems and procedures for the accumulation of data necessary for the preparation of EMEA country tax returns and their related documents and for the reporting, payment, and control of foreign tax credits, corporate tax liabilities, and worldwide effective income tax rates.
- Participate in, calculate and review positions reflected in the company's current and deferred tax provisions, tax exposure analysis, and tax returns
- Represent the company and its subsidiaries in EMEA tax examinations of and negotiations with the local tax authorities
The successful candidate will be a qualified UK Tax professional with 5 years plus post qualification experience, at least 2 of which should be in a substantial and complex multinational environment. You will have a good understanding of cross border/international tax issues, and will be able to work independently on technical caseloads across various taxes/jurisdictions.