As an Assistant Manager within the highly skilled Northern tax team your role will be mainly assurance focussed. Based in Leeds, you will work closely with the senior tax team to deliver a high quality tax service to private clients and entrepreneurs at all times whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department.
This is a client facing role and the successful candidate will be required to communicate with clients regularly, be responsible for budgets and fees and complying with the Firm's risk management procedures.
Whilst principally the role will be around the management and delivery of the private client assurance service a good sound knowledge of private client and entrepreneurial tax advisory matters would be helpful as the successful candidate will be expected to spot advisory opportunities.
The portfolio of clients is made up of a range of individuals and families and may include some family trusts and partnerships. A number of clients will be entrepreneurs as well as pure HNWI.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with a portfolio of clients. Be their first point of contact. (best in class)
- Technically accurate review of compliance work including ensuring accurate records of claims/elections maintained. (technical excellence).
- Provide technical support to other members of assurance team and advisors (working together for success).
- Manage portfolio of assurance clients including being responsible for fee quotes and billing (managing for results).
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value and introduce advisory specialists and/or other parts of the business as appropriate (developing business).
- Undertaking ad hoc enquiries from clients and HMRC re returns, claims, repayment claims, coding notices, payment queries, (client relationship)
- Attend the annual meetings with clients to go through returns for those clients where there is a local office relationship to include joint meetings where appropriate with other department Managers/Partners.
- Act as key point of contact for the office with regards to private client assurance work.
- Private client tax bias (some OMB background would be useful);
- ATT qualified; looking to study CTA
- Some relevant experience of Income Tax, Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning;
- Strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals;
- The individual would be expected to utilise junior resources efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team;
- Equally the individual will need to be able to work collaboratively with more senior members of the advisory team to spot and develop advisory projects;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach;
- Ability to exercise judgement;
- Ability to help generate creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues;
- Demonstrates business development skills