This practice have a very strong foothold in the East Midlands and are looking for a Senior Accountant to work out of either the Derby or Nottingham office.
- Build good rapport with clients, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service
- The Senior Accountant will supervise and prepare annual accounts for companies, partnerships, sole traders and charities.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Preparation or review of research and development calculations.
- The Senior Accountant will manage audits from planning through to completion
- Maintaining existing client accounts as well as establishing new business
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- 3 - 5 Years + practice experience, some supervisory experience would be advantageous
- Strong statutory accounts experience and sound accounting, corporate and personal tax and VAT technical knowledge
- The Senior Accountant must have good time management, organisational skills, interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with clients therefore needing a client focused attitude
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve complex problems with excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexible in approach