A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Manager with an experience focus around Shared Services (or similar Accounting Services / Centralised Accounting) to join a well known FMCG business in West Yorkshire. The role is as a result of maternity cover while also coinciding with some major upcoming projects, coupled with some key projects and strategic objectives that this person will be working closely with the Director in order to achieve those. The overall objective of the role is focussed on maximising returns for the business through identification of process efficiencies, working capital improvements and supplier recoveries; and minimising risk through internal control evaluation and continuous risk assessment whilst ensuring compliance and controls.
You will be tasked with the following:
- Act as the lead on various Group-Wide projects, developing the implementation strategy for deployment within the team
- Work closely with internal customers including the Finance team to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions and risks. Work cross functionally with a variety of stakeholders - building trust across functional and organisational boundaries to ensure smooth implementation & compliance to processes
- Develop process initiative plans, and prioritisation of project activity to meet the overall business project objectives, strategic importance, resource availability and scope
- Ensure governance processes are in place including project teams and steering groups
- Responsible for delivering the planned income relating to supplier recoveries and prevention of bad debts
- Participate in cross team working groups to share knowledge, practices and expertise to encourage innovation and improve performance
- Manage relationships with colleagues in our Global Shared Services team to gain leverage and support. Negotiates and influences across geographies to remove constraints
The role isn't just about managing the Shared Services / Transactional teams, the day to day and BAU side is covered by your direct reports. It involves a lot of stakeholder management, developing/shaping strategy, taking the lead on various projects and driving commercial decisions/best practice. A qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) is required.
You must be able to demonstrate an ability to interact with and challenge key stakeholders so as to achieve results. This is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic, highly driven and people development focussed company that offers a very strong salary/package and a fantastic working environment to work in.