Senior Internal Auditor
This client is a market leading speciality insurer and a presence in Lloyd's of London market. They are looking for a qualified ACA candidate to join their business as a Senior Internal Auditor. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a move out of practice and utilise the skills and experience built up so far in their career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing audit fieldwork across the entire business (UK and overseas) working as part of the Internal Audit team. They will also assist the Head of IA in the management/co-ordination of Internal Audit Team Activities.
Undertaking Internal Audits:
- To ensuring key risks within the business is managed effectively providing assurance to key customers over the efficacy of the control environment (incl. Policies, Protocols, Processes, Procedures, Underwriting Guidelines, and Claims Guidelines.)
- To ensure internal audits and reviews are undertaken in accordance with the annual Internal Audit Plan and ad hoc assignments as required.
- To assist with the planning of internal audit work, including drafting of scope documentation, arranging initial meetings with management, developing testing procedures, and agreeing audit timetables.
- Conduct audit fieldwork. This will be completed in line with the Internal Audit Policy and procedures.
- Record results of all testing to a clear, concise and reperformable standard in the Risk and Control matrix.
- To discuss results of audit fieldwork and any initial findings and recommendations with Internal Audit management. Thereafter, to provide input to Internal Audit management with regard to drafting of the audit report.
- To assist with and complete documentation of testing results required for Sarbanes-Oxley procedures as requested by management, with direction from the Head of IA and Senior Internal Audit Manager.
Co-ordination of Internal Audit Activities:
- To assist Internal Audit management with follow up on the completion of audit actions. Including performing reviews of information supplied by the business to confirm the completion of each action.
- To provide ad hoc advice to the business on matters of policy, procedure, risk mitigation and controls.
- To support other team members to ensure that knowledge is shared amongst the team.
- To contribute to the development of audit techniques to ensure continuing improvement in the standard of audit work and continuing relevance to business needs.
- Make a positive contribution to Internal Audit team activities by taking a proactive approach to assigned audits and the development of good working relationships with key stakeholders.
Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified ACA accountant or equivalent
- Insurance knowledge within the Lloyd's and General UK insurance market.
- Knowledge of the risks inherent in a general insurance group.
- High level of understanding of the controls expected in a general insurance group to manage risk.
- Familiarity with operational Risk Management techniques, including the concepts of risk appetite, risk register, risk scoring and prioritisation, control risk self-assessment and risk committees.
- Prior experience in the execution of work to provide assurance over the effectiveness, operation, and documentation of internal controls.
- Some knowledge of the technical aspects of insurance functions (Underwriting, Claims, etc.).
- A good working knowledge IFRS and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Some knowledge of Solvency II.
- Assertive and competent in taking ownership of audit fieldwork.