Because of an internal transition, we are looking to recruit a permanent Senior Tax Accountant for our multinational client in Reading. You will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the Corporation Tax comps & returns of the UK group subs and management of related direct tax compliance.
You will also support tax & statutory reporting colleagues in the submission of legal entity financial data to US Corporate Tax Group and tax accounting for both local and US GAAP purposes.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of UK corporation tax returns and relevant claims and elections, timely submission within statutory deadlines
- Tax accounting and preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for both UK (IFRS) and US GAAP reporting
- Ongoing assistance with the US tax reporting processes
- Assistance with Interest deductibility, Thin Cap, R&D relief, SAO declarations and other tax compliance requirements
- Ad-hoc project tax & accounting advisory work e.g. acquisitions, disposals, VAT, Customs, payroll taxes, etc.
- Foster close working relationships with finance contacts supporting UK legal entities
You will either be a qualified accountant or tax accountant (ACA, CTA, ACCA) and relevant experience gained in a professional services firm with 1-3 years PQE. You will have strong technical knowledge of UK direct tax and experience of tax accounting (particularly under IFRS) is preferred.