A Big 4 firm is urgently looking to appoint an experienced Tax Manager to their Investment Management client group with a strong focus on advisory work. This would represent a superb career opportunity for someone from a mid tier firm looking to move into a highly specialised role or alternatively someone working in the Tax team of a fund management business who is keen to build out their advisory experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising clients with ad hoc advisory queries
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Carrying out detailed technical research
- Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of structures and transactions
- Developing client relationships with fund managers
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
- Managing and supporting junior colleagues
- CTA or ACA/CA qualified with a background in Corporate Tax. Investment management experience would be helpful but isn't essential.
- A good knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas as well as an understanding of US GAAP and IFRS and their application to investment management companies.
- An awareness of personal tax, transfer pricing and VAT issues and broad regulation impacting the Investment management sector
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong task management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
This role is looking to make a hire ASAP with salary of £60-70,000 on offer plus benefits and bonus. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion please contact Glen Roberts at Marks Sattin on 020 77479765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org