Marks Sattin are currently working with a Top10 Accountant who are looking to grow their expanding Audit Team in North Yorkshire.
We are looking for newly qualified auditors to join the audit practice within the Leeds service line.
You will pick up a portfolio of clients and will work within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
Planning and project managing all aspects of audits including:
- Staffing Risk assessment Systems, controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
- Ensuring projects comply within the Firm's and International Auditing Standards
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Report writing for Audit Committees and management
- Identification of ways to differentiate the Firm - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients?
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must have a good working knowledge of e-audit
- Must demonstrate a good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Experience and Background
We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Commercial focus
- Ability to think big picture, out of the box
- Strong technical skills
- Accountability and decision making ability
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
In return for your expertees the Firm offers a very generous salary along with an unrivalled benefits selection
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.