The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the UK's critical administrative functions as well as being the key local finance support for global cost centres by providing accurate and timely finance information to enhance decision making. Through this role the Finance Manager will be working closely with six Heads of Department within the Affiliate Leadership Team providing financial leadership to manage and co-coordinate all planning cycles of local G&A cost centres and ownership of month end activities.
Additionally the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing employee travel and entertainment expense guidance at the Affiliate. Working closely with the offshore team to provide guidance and advice on claims and supporting the local Compliance Steering Committee with analysis and reporting.
- Manage the Global Cost Centres - e.g. Legal/ HR supporting division heads and Global Finance Managers to ensure accurate and timely month end close position - e.g. maintain local tracker, raising POs, ICBs.
- Manage the General & Administrative Expenses (e.g. facilities, Managing Director, IT, Financial Director cost centres), from Plan cycle phasing to monthly forecasting of LBEs. To provide Finance Business Partner support to Division Heads e.g. raising POs, general questions and guidance.
- Responsible for liaising with AFS to ensure Entity and Outbound Expat ICB's are reviewed by Affiliate and booked in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Area Learning and Development team with implementing a new finance process to cross-charging Affiliates for global training costs.
- Affiliate Fixed Asset contact - liaise closely with the AFS to ensure timely reconciliation of Assets Under Construction balance sheet account and preparation of all CAPEX items in time for month end cut-off. Preparation of annual CAPEX budget. Responsible for working with Facilities Managers to ensure adherence to CAPEX budgets.
- Support BHR and the AFS in dealing with any finance elements of payroll queries including Expats. Also to review the monthly balance sheet recs for employee benefits which are prepared by the HR Data Analyst.
- Expense Monitoring - ownership of the local Travel & Expenses Procedure, working closely with Compliance Steering Committee providing regular reporting on non-compliance.
- Supporting offshore Expenses Team by answering queries and providing guidance on employee expense claims.
- Preparation and completion of the annual PSA return to HMRC.
- Manage reporting of the company credit card and expenses system.
- Calculating and providing the Private Mileage deductions to the BHR in a timely manner.
- Act as cover for the Medical Finance Business Partner.
- Responsibility for SAP maintenance and ensuring that cost centre ownership and approval hierarchies are accurate.
- Support the Associate Controller and Finance Controller in adhoc finance projects that drive process simplification and process improvement within the affiliate.
Knowledge and Experience
- SAP experience advantageous
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of employee expenses and benefits would be beneficial
- Experience of working with end-users at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to build and develop good working relationships with Business peers
- Qualified accountant with some PQE (ACA or ACCA) or equivalent
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority
- Professional, accountable, high energy and collaborative team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure and changing environment in an autonomous manner