Patchwork is an award-winning digital healthcare solution that was built by doctors, for doctors. We are a public-private partnership with Chelsea & Westminster NHS Trust, are co-owned by The British Medical Journal and work with over a dozen UK NHS Trusts. Patchwork is revolutionising flexible working in the NHS. We are helping NHS organisations save millions (and counting), by connecting them to an increasing number of flexible bank workers, in order to grow their staff banks, remove reliance and spending on locum agencies, and to improve the general experience of flexible bank working. Ultimately, Patchwork helps to save money, time and effort, so that it can be better spent on patient care.Explore more
You'll be the first full-time DevOps engineer to join our growing team. We're looking for someone to work closely with the wider engineering team and within our cross functional teams to help us ensure that we provide reliable, secure and high quality products for our clients. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving core infrastructure as the business scales. Ensuring we have useful alerting and monitoring. Automate currently manual processes using Terraform, Ansible etc. Ensuring our infrastructure meets the ISO 27001 standards for security, reliability, redundancy and recoverability and working with wider engineering teams on continuous deployment processes.
Some key details
- 5+ years experience as a full-time professional engineer and experience of working in a start-up or a healthcare organisation
- Ability to learn and think critically about both system design and software engineering concepts and blend those perspectives pragmatically based on project needs
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team (does not have to be professional experience)
- AWS certification - AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Experience owning DevOps requirements
- Demonstrable experience with Terraform
- CI/ CD pipelines
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, React, React Native, Docker, Github Actions, Bitrise, Cypress and AppSignal + Rollbar
- AWS products we are using: RDS (MySQL), EC2, S3, QuickSight
Patchwork is on a mission to unlock effective flexible working in healthcare to solve the staffing crisis. "
Alex Simmons | Senior Consultant
I joined Marks Sattin in February 2018 after starting my career as an IT Support Engineer. Now as a Senior Consultant, I head up the London Technology Transformation desk, specialising in the following contract and permanent areas of IT staffing.Contact me