Marks Sattin is part of a wider group in the UK, Gi Group. The Group’s D&I strategy is provided within their comprehensive Equal Opportunities policy, however here's a list of actions that we adhere to as a group to ensure we are an equal opportunities employer.
- Gi Group has signed the REC Diversity Pledge, an initiative run by the REC and Jobcentre Plus. It is a commitment made by recruiters to harness the talent and potential of everyone to achieve business success. A respect for diversity is one of the main guiding principles enshrined in the REC's Code of Professional Practice. Our strategy is to demonstrate this respect for diversity by adhering to all applicable legislation, encouraging equal opportunities in recruitment and establishing working practices to safeguard against prejudice.
- Our methods are in line with The Civil Service Recruitment Principles. The legal requirement is for selection for appointment to be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition. This methodology ensures that we adhere to our equal opportunities policy and provide opportunities to a diverse pool of people.
- We have a dedicated D&I Officer within Gi Group, and a D&I committee at Marks Sattin who meet on a regular basis to openly discuss and constantly drive our D&I strategy through education, awareness, and networking with external organisations.
- Our staff receive induction training inclusive of our obligations as recruitment providers and our best practice processes with regards to compliant search, selection and assessment methods.
- Our recruitment adverts are written to attract a wide range of candidates; we focus on the essential requirements of the role and detail how to apply for the position ensuring we offer alternative methods such as calling in or via telephone if an online process cannot be followed. We are particularly careful not to word the advert in any way to appeal to a certain group of individuals or to rule out others. Roles are advertised publicly through online and offline media.
- A targeted approach to sourcing candidates supports our candidate search methodology. We conduct searches across CV databases, job boards and social media, e.g. LinkedIn. Searches are based purely on skills and competencies. We welcome applications from candidates from under-represented groups such as ethnic minorities, disabled individuals and members of the LGBT community.
- Our candidate database is diverse which demonstrates our sourcing activities are wide reaching.
- Over 40% of candidates are referred to us which emphasises the positive environment and roles we have on offer.