An Audit Senior Manager is required for a global bank to lead the delivery of audits based on the critical assessment of the business, and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks through:
- Driving the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the Global Businesses and Global Functions.
- Engaging with and providing strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
- Managing the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables.
- Playing an integral role in annual as well as ongoing audit planning.
Your responsibilities as Audit Senior Manager will include:
- Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts on the governance framework.
- Critically analyse and assess the impact of audit findings and recommendations on the current business model and the future operating environment.
- Develop, maintain, align and deploy audit department resources in accordance with the current and future needs of the business.
- Critically analyse and determine the key drivers of change for the busines and the wider banking industry and assess how these will impact Global Internal Audit in both the medium and longer term.
- Clearly communicate issues and associated risks as well identify the root cause and the possible strategic implications.
- Maintain dialogue and communications with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business.
- Ensure that senior management and stakeholders fully comprehend the governance, risk, regulatory and internal control implications of major changes and advise them accordingly.
- Promote and assist in facilitating a strong risk management and risk awareness culture amongst internal stakeholders.
- Critically assess which issues must be prioritised, addressed and resolved at the highest levels of senior management.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with external auditors and regulators in order to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to the management of regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Ensure that relevant information obtained from senior stakeholder relating to major and/or significant changes in the business environment and the internal control framework is disseminated in a timely manner to all staff.
- Promote and facilitate a culture of continuous learning and development within audit, encompassing both technical and non-technical skills and capabilities.
- Promote and facilitate the use of busines standards, sharing of knowledge and industry best practices across audit teams as the basis for improving teamwork.
- Undertake consistent critical and strategic analysis of leadership, team and organisational goals and objectives and their impacts on the work to be performed.
- Actively promote collaboration and sharing of ideas across departments and units.
- Devise, develop and champion the use of relevant audit techniques and approaches in order to drive operational effectiveness and improve the overall management of audit assignments.
- Use insights and knowledge of the business, the industry and current developments to utilise internal and/or external specialist teams to evaluate and assess specific areas of concern.
- Regularly perform reviews of audit plans and schedules to ensure that the team is both targeting resources effectively at the areas of the business representing the greatest risk.
- Effectively execute and manage divisional audit units and teams in accordance with annual plans, budgets and allocated resources.
To be considered for the role of Audit Senior Manager, candidates must be/have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Banking products and services knowledge
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Payments, Technology, Financial Crime, Audit
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Banking Operations and Payments across all main banking lines.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Professional certification (s) preferred (ACA, CISA, Certified Anti Money laundering Specialists (CAMS), ICA - AML, CIA, and CFE).
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Payments, Technology, Financial Crime, Audit
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Limited International travel maybe required to EU and Regions outside the EU.
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Experience of supporting others' performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
Package on offer for the role of Audit Senior Manager:
- Up to £95,000 basic dependant on experience
- Other benefits confidential but can be disclosed at interview stage
Audit Senior Manager // Global Bank // Birmingham