Information Security Manager - up to £90,000
A growing technology company in the city is looking to hire an Information Security Manager to be based out of its prestigious offices in London.
The main remit of the role will be to have responsibility for the protection of the organisation's computers, networks and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses or attacks by cyber-criminals.
- Develop and maintain an effective security policy, covering all areas that have a direct impact on the security of data, premises, equipment and confidential information, and tuned to the particular threats facing the company
- Provide continuous training to employees explaining security risks and demonstrating good practices
- Monitor and audit internal and external policy compliance to ensure that the policies laid out are being followed by employees and vendors.
- Assess all security measures, such as firewalls, anti-virus software, password controls etc to identify weak points that might make information systems vulnerable to attack.
- Where necessary carry out simulated attacks to test the efficacy of the security measures.
- Source, implement and maintain cost-effective systems, tools, equipment and controls to enhance the company's security measures.
- Set up procedures and automated processes to monitor the status of computers and networks.
- Develop, document and test an incident response program defining the plan of action in the event of a security incident.
- Quickly identify any security breaches and efficiently implement the necessary remedies to manage downstream impacts.
- Analyse reports generated by the monitoring system to identify trends that might indicate a future risk.
- Monitor regulation compliance.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or a related field is the minimum requirement for this position
- Ideally, certified through an organisation such as the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, which offers the Certified Information Systems Security Professional qualification or the Certified Information Security Manager awarded by the ISACA.
- A strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security and the particular vulnerabilities of technology systems in financial services.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to build understanding and awareness of security issues throughout the organization.
- Good team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals.
- Experience working with firewalls, intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape.
- A thorough knowledge of ISO27001 and its application in financial services.
Please send your CV to Michael Moretti for immediate consideration.