You would be joining a team providing world class financial services to our business. You'll be someone who wants to be the best at what they do; who can handle pressure and enjoys making decisions that will have a real impact . The firm is all about teamwork and you would be a crucial part of that team - you'll find the work stimulating, the atmosphere dynamic and the results highly satisfying. The role of the Revenue Controller is to drive the end to end process of a matter from billing focusing on both financial controls and service delivery support. The role covers four elements; Billing enabling, Controls, Reports and Service delivery. In addition the revenue controller will have specific responsibility for understanding and managing the end to end process for one key client. They will be required to work closely with the wider working capital team and stakeholders and will be expected to provide status updates on the status of ongoing matters, produce any necessary
- For the Key Client They will liaise with the client partner and relevant BTKs on the key client to ensure that the client matters are being managed appropriately and that WIP and debt levels are billed and collected as soon as possible to assist with cash flow and lock up.
- They will provide and distribute monthly billing spreadsheets and instructions They will be responsible for the collation and sending of pro formas for processing ensuring all bills raised are within terms of engagement and have valid PO numbers.
- It is the task of the Revenue controller to enable the business to bills as efficiently and quickly as possible. The RC will be expected to work with both their designated legal teams and financial teams providing information and monitoring, time, WIP and potential billing risks and opportunities.
- Obtaining WIP information from internal teams and conducting WIP meetings with all staff, where necessary.
- Updating tracking spreadsheet to record promised bills and ensure bills are raised.
- Attend monthly calls with the team leaders, providing insight to current status of matters. Ensuring all WIP held over 6 months old is chargeable with a good reason as to why it should remain
- Support staff with their preparation of billing guides. Controls The role of revenue control is to enable the business to maximise potential utilisation and WIP & disbursement conversion, by running control reports which will indicate areas of risk.
- The RC is expected to use these control reports to advise legal teams and finance of areas risk and provide advice as to how to maintain file hygiene. Review files with old WIP balances, funds in client accounts and disbursements.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate should have experience in a revenue/credit control role within a very customer/client focussed, legal firm advantageous. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a record of driving results within a financial environment and skills in managing a stakeholder base which will include both internal and external clients.
- As well as IT competency the candidate must have a sound knowledge of excel and have a sense of commercial awareness.
- It is essential that the candidate is a strong communicator. Negotiating, influencing, and customer care skills are prerequisite as the ability to work independently and proactively to discharge responsibilities.
- We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.