An incredibly rare opportunity to join a well known global private equity and funds management firm as their first senior Tax hire in the UK and Europe. The firm are a pioneering business with an established presence globally and impressive portfolio of companies that include many household names and brands. The majority of their Tax work across Europe is outsourced with some compliance work kept in house and handled by their head office in the US. They are now looking to appoint their first in house Tax specialist with a fairly wide remit to build and create a best in class offering. This is a crucial and significant senior leadership hire aimed at someone with experience in private equity/real estate fund structuring. Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight for all Funds tax work, from deal structuring through to tax support for exits. This is likely to include a lot of European based work.
- Ownership for all Corporate Tax matters across Europe, including oversight of a number of tax advisor relationships.
- Partnership Tax Accounting, including carry waterfall and GP/LP matters.
- Working in conjunction with head office to ensure all US Tax reporting and compliance work is managed.
- Involvement in a range of ad hoc advisory led work related to the firms investments in Europe.
- Management of a qualified tax accountant.
Your background is likely to be:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CTA or equivalent - with significant advisory and compliance experience in the Private Equity, Funds Management or Real Estate space. This should include a broad base of tax structuring knowledge.
- The role could be an ideal first move into industry for an experienced Top 10 Senior Manager or alternatively someone already working in house for a fund.
- US Tax experience would be helpful but isn't essential.
You'll also need to be:
- Highly professional with strong communication skills and the ability to manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders across back, middle and front office.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- A discreet individual able to work in a highly confidential work place.
- Comfortable working independently and managing people and advisors across multiple countries and projects.
This role is looking to make an immediate hire ASAP with salary c£100-120k base plus exceptional (30-50%) bonus potential. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Glen Roberts at Marks Sattin on 020 77479765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org