Finance Analyst - Perm - Derby
A fantastic oppurtunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Finance Analyst to join a well known brand in Derby, offering study package with career and professional development.
- Extract and use data to provide insightful, clearly presented analysis. Suggest solutions that drive decisions and actions. Tailor information to the audience and provide simple, clear take home messages.
- Tailor information to the audience so that analysis immediately highlights the "so what next".
- Provide support to the driving business improvement by analysing and evaluating the deployment of resources (cash, capex, opex, people), drive efficiency by simplifying processes, systems and structures; concentrate on profitable growth; and embed continuous improvement mindset to offset overhead inflation with productivity improvements
- Identify internal best practice to provide excellent analysis and relevant benchmarking for performance
- Act as a trusted advisor to whom business people go to test their ideas.
- Impose business case discipline for planning, delivering and measuring the outcomes.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required
- Reports to one of the Finance Managers managers within the Business Partnering or Central Finance teams
- Close collaborative working with operational colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to business performance
- Broader working relationship with other parts of the UK Finance Team to ensure the "one team approach" operates effectively
Key Skill Requirments
- Accounting Experience (Qualification not essential)
- Must have passion and commitment to get things done.
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Hyperion & Business Objects knowledge an advantage
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Competencies and Values
- Is inquisitive and takes the initiative to research areas of interest
- Tailors information delivery; simplifies complex concepts
- Is persistent in driving improvement
- Is tenacious and solves problems in the face of adversity or resistance
- Collaborates to identify and engage subject matter experts
- Understands and empathises with stakeholder needs
- Promotes a sense of collective ownership for success of the team, business and organization
- Takes responsibility for their own development
- Acts as an ambassador for the brand and for finance
Finance Analyst // Derby