Market leading financial services organisation seeks "best in class" accouting and reporting manager.
Responsible for managing all financial accounting and reporting of the organisation and its related legal entities in line with corporate and statutory requirements and deadlines. This role is also responsible for delivering finance projects and assisting in the wider business strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Leading the Finance team, reviewing their work and manage a tight month end accounting process
2. Reporting the monthly financial results and producing relevant financial reports
3. Responsible for the full general ledger control (review of book-keeping entries for validity, completeness and accuracy) and ensuring adoption and adherence to IFRS accounting standards
4. Full balance sheet reconciliation review on a monthly basis
5. Responsible for ensuring robust accounting and reporting controls are in place including periodic review of accounting policies, processes and procedures to ensure that they are relevant and fit for purpose
6. Managing the company's financial accounting and reporting systems including ensuring that systems are used as efficiently and effectively as possible (e.g. End User Computing controls)
7. Responsible for the preparation of consolidation group and individual statutory accounts
8. Responsible for interpreting the financial results for the company to management and for recommending improvement activities
9. Manage and review the completion of the corporation tax computations and filings
You will have a:
1. Working knowledge of financial accounting and reporting management / operations under IFRS and UK Companies Act
2. Sound knowledge of UK Corporation Taxation rules and relevant employment tax laws
3. Advanced spreadsheet skillsWorking knowledge in the financial accounting and reporting of a securitisation and/or a warehouse funding SPV
4. Working experience in reporting regulatory returns and liaising with regulators such as Bank of England and FCA
5. Strives for Continuous Improvement
6. Reconginsed ACCA, ACA or CIMA accounting qualification.