A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified ACA candidate to join a successful International Insurance Broker as Financial Controller reporting in to the Head of Finance.
This International Insurance Broker was established in 1996 and still 100% owned by management, They are a strong, independent international insurance broker with around 60 employees who are based in the London and Bermuda offices. The company conducts both retail and wholesale business and specialises in Professional Indemnity, Executive Risks, Specialist lines, Healthcare, M&A and Cyber insurance.
The Group started an initiative in 2011 to grow the business and has achieved revenue growth in excess of 50% since then through organic growth and acquiring teams, whilst retaining an entrepreneurial culture.
The Financial Controller role includes financial and operational tasks across 3 companies along with the management of an Assistant Management Accountant and an IBA Accountant and the management of the banking and auditing relationships. The company continues to grow significantly and there will be the opportunity to work closely with the Head of Finance, Managing Director and the Group Chairman on ad hoc projects.
o Weekly forecasts: revenue, expenses and cash flow;
o Monthly management accounts for the group of companies;
o Monthly revenue and expense analysis for the business;
o Monthly Client Money calculations and quarterly FCA submissions;
o Quarterly VAT returns;
o Annual Corporation tax return;
o Annual Financial Statements;
o Annual budget;
o Liaising with auditors, bank and other external suppliers;
o Assisting with cash and expense management;
o Preparation and analysis of ad hoc reporting requests from CEO's & MD;
o Management of assistant management accountant and IBA accountant and assistance with the following:
- Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions for the group of companies;
- Inputting and reconciliation of all invoices on the group's accounting system;
- Credit control: ensuring that all monies owed are collected within our terms of trade in a polite, efficient and effective manner;
- Checking and preparation of purchase invoices;
- Preparation of purchase ledger payment runs;
- Management of and liaison with office supplies;
- Liaising with Account technicians to ensure that all insurance creditors are paid within the terms of trade stipulated on their insurance policy document;
- Ensuring team maintains uncorrelated cash at an acceptable level;
- Reconciliation of all outstanding creditor statements;
- Maintenance of cash books to ensure they are kept up-to-date;
- Preparation of all premium and claims payments;
- Monthly reconciliation of nominal ledger account totals;
- Ensuring accurate work output from finance team;
- Ensuring team meets internal and external deadlines;
- Preparation of reconciled trial balance on a monthly basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
o ACA Qualified Accountant
o Good understanding of accounting and bookkeeping (credits, debits, sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and cashbook);
o Knowledge of Sage Line 200 and Enterprise Accounting (Brokersure) would be helpful.
o Attention to detail;
o Accurate work output;
o Ability to think laterally and solve problems using own initiative;
o Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing;
o Good English and mathematics;
o Ability to work under pressure;
o Proficient IT skills;
o Annual training as required by FCA.